I’ve been quite frankly the world’s worst blogger over the last year. Longer than that really! But I have lots of ideas kicking around that have been dying to get written; it’s time to dust off the new post button and get cracking!
It’s been a busy year for me personally. Finishing up my dissertation, finally finishing my Ph.D., getting a faculty position (I’m in Secondary English Education), moving out of state, selling a house, and a new baby on the way! Whew 😉
This year is already off to a pretty productive start. A few (sort-of) blog related things…
- As a result of my move I had to say good-bye to my crew at Babywearing International of the Triangle. I had a great time helping to build such a strong chapter and feel pretty proud of the work the group has done and continues to do.
- But moving to a new place has given me the opportunity to make new friendships and connections and start a new BWI group! Excited we have Babywearing International of New Haven up and running and ready to grow!
- As is pretty clear from browsing my blog, I’m a big babywearing supporter. I’m pleased that I was able to recently certify as a Master Babywearing Educator with Babywearing International and to accept a position as regional director for the North East. BWI is a great group with a solid mission and I’m happy to be able to support them in these new roles. And, if you happen to be interested in forming your own affiliate chapter, let me know
- I’m looking forward to attending the International Babywearing Conference in AZ this summer. Would love to meet you if you are there too!!
- I am also working towards being more involved in another great advocacy group – Breastfeeding USA. I’m excited to begin work as an official BFing USA counselor …just as soon as I finish my course! My new home of Connecticut has an active BFing USA crew, and I’m eager to help them out.
- With baby #3 on the way, I’ve started thinking more intensely again about birth related issues. And of course looking forward to all those newborn snuggles. Hope you will stick around for this latest part of my mamahood journey!
So there’s a wee update on what’s been keeping me busy. I’ve got several posts drafting so check back soon for more (less personal!) content.